Monday, February 22, 2010

Saturday Breakfast at Antonio's

After hearing the last few minutes of mass at the Pink Sisters Convent in Tagaytay (we arrived really late coz we, well, I assumed that Saturday mass schedule was the same as Sunday mass schedule), Chai and I went to Antonio's for breakfast.

The initial plan was brunch at Bawai's, but after reading a couple of bad reviews, we decided that we dint wanna risk it. We opted for breakfast at Antonio's instead.

Both of us have never been there for breakfast, so we were really excited to sample the breakfast menu. And... oh what a joy! :)


After several minutes of going through the menu, I finally decided I wanted the tapa. After all, I was craving for tapa practically the whole week! 

It was yum! The beef was tender and I just loved the flavor. It went so well with my garlicky and buttery rice :)


Chai got the Rancher's Eggs because her Lenten sacrifice includes forty days of not eating red meat :)  While we both liked this one, the sad thing about this dish was that Chai found a strand of hair somewhere in that pile of veggies. They had it replaced.

*it's all olives, bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes on top.  the eggs are beneath them all ;)

We wanted to sample one more dish, so we got the Garden crepe, which was also good. Although personally, I like my crepe really soft. This one was a bit chewy.

 *mushrooms and bell peppers inside


Needless to say, we enjoyed breakfast :) And because we stuffed ourselves silly with all that food, we walked around before finally leaving.

*everywhere (click to enlarge)


*this kitty was with me in the restroom ;)

*leaving... and definitely going back for the rest of the breakfast menu :)


In other news: Friday night was spent watching RENT, which was, sadly, disappointing. It dint live up to the hype and my own expectations. Oh well.


Nonetheless, I enjoyed these two parts: Maureen's protest (and mooing) and Collins' final farewell to Angel. I think those were the two high points of the play. I also loved the actors who played Maureen and Collins: Carla Guevara-Laforteza and OJ Mariano, respectively. They were great and they outshone the rest of the cast.

11 comments:

  1. breakfast at antonio's is love! :)

    yea, i knew rent would not meet expectations. parang mismatched yung casting. Manood na lang tayo ng Xanadu! Rachel Alejandro in the lead role. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah nga eh. No chemistry between Roger and Mimi, parang awkward most of the time, and not all of the songs were sung well.

    Feeling ko nga baka better pa that we watched Rep's Romeo and Bernadette.

    Anyway, tara! I dint know they're staging it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Antonios is indeed a lovely place

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss Breakfast at Antonio's. Your food photos are wonderful and appetizing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice place and great food, but expensive. hihi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, B'ley! :)

    Hey, Chyng! Yup, quite pricey, but the dining experience makes it all worth it, I guess. Hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. RENT is receiving a lot of not so good reviews. If I'm in Manila, I probably have watched it and was disappointed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I guess most people expected much from it because of the hype. They're supposed to stage their last few shows this weekend. I hope they're better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, just stumbled across your blog.:)

    You had me at "garlicky buttery rice." *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha :) You should visit Antonio's soon ;) Thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm coincidence, I just visited Antonio's 2 weeks ago :). Impressed by the place, but not so much with the food..I also blogged about it. May I invite you to visit my very new blog site - http://pinoywordofmouth.blogspot.com

    You have nice stories :) More power!

    ReplyDelete