Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscars 2010

I woke up early to catch the live telecast ;)

It wasn't as spectacular as last year's show, but Steve Martin was funny, and okay, Alec Baldwin, too.  

Now, these are just a few of my thoughts while I was watching the show.

Sandy Powell won her 3rd Oscar for Best Costume Design 
(The Young Victoria)

I love her.
I wish I can be as stylish, elegant, and fabulous as her in my 50's! ;)
[photo credit: Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America]

In stark contrast was Kristen Stewart who presented with Taylor Lautner.
She had really bad posture; she fidgeted and coughed, and she just seemed so... 
uhm, melancholy.

And yey to Sandra for winning Best Actress (The Blind Side)
A lot of people would say that she dint deserve it, but I am such a fan.
I'm so glad she won! :)

She looked so sleek and pretty in this Oscar de la Renta Marchesa gown.
I love the 'grown-up glam' look :)
[photo credit:Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America]

Jesse James whispering (probably sweet nothings) in her ear right before her 
acceptance speech. He was teary-eyed during the speech, 
obviously very moved by it. I was, too! :)
[photo credit: Kevin Winter/Getty Images North America]


And now to watch those movies which I haven't seen yet and were nominated for an Oscar or two. I've only seen Invictus, Up in the Air, Avatar, and The Blind Side.

At the top of my list is An Education. I'm curious; it seems like a very interesting movie. And then of course, The Hurt Locker.


I'm loving Carey Mulligan's pixie do :)
[photo credit: Photo Agency]

9 comments:

  1. sandra looks fabulous. i'm glad she won even if i hadn't seen the movie yet--i'm biased i guess, i've always liked her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me. too! :) Big fan of hers ;) I personally think she did a terrific job in The Blind Side, although some people are saying that Carey Mulligan and Meryl Streep are more deserving of the award. I haven't seen An Education and Julie & Julia so I can't really compare ;)

    Go watch the movie (The Blind Side). It's quite a story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to catch up on movies. I've only seen Avatar. Haha.

    What was up with Kristen? She seems to have taken the role of Bella too seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What was with her cough?! So awkward. Poor thing! So glad Young Victoria won for costume design---one of my favorite films this year! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. manila girl: I know, right? She just looked sad.

    the neo-traditionalist:Yeah, it was. Maybe she was feeling really sick or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Sandra Bullock. Glad she bagged that award. I loved her in the Blind Side. I think she was able to portray the character really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. si miley cyrus pangit din ang posture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. b'ley: True, I love her ;)

    fri: Yeah nga, that girl slouches all the time, but I loved her dress, to be fair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree with you about Kristen. I keep seeing her pics in E! Online and have not seen her look graceful, gracious or happy yet. And to tell you the truth, I absolutely hated her in Twilight — that girl can't act even if her life depended on it. Lupit ba?

    Actually — before I got distracted by this post ;) — I came by to thank you for your lovely comment and for following my blog. It's unusual for me to get a fellow Pinoy follower unless they're expats. It's the nature of my blog, I guess.

    Bless you, Kat, and thanks again.

    ReplyDelete