Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dreaming of Summer: CORON and CARAMOAN

I am dreaming of fine white sand, crystal clear waters, and sunshine (nope, not the kind we get here in smoggy Manila).  

All these talks of summer plans, vacays, and getaways are making me dream of summer beach trips. Literally.

One of the many lovely things about living in a tropical country, and an archipelago at that, is that there are just so many places to see, visit, and explore. Seriously, my list just keeps getting longer, and I'm not complaining :) I tick off one destination and then I add three more. That's how it's been for the last couple of years, and I love it :)

I can't wait to explore a new beach destination or two this summer, and I won't mind going back to those I've already been to. I am a woman of the sea, and I don't think I will ever tire of "beaching" ;)

As I researched for this year's summer trips, I thought of looking at albums of recent beach trips. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from two great beach destinations I visited late last year. The upside of non-summer beach trips is that you get to have beaches/islands all to yourself. The downside, well you don't get as much sun. Lucky for us last November, we got just the right amount of sunshine to enjoy these awesome destinations.

Ah, I can't wait to hit the beach!

Coron, Palawan

because I ♥ clouds
en route to Coron

we climbed Mt. Tapyas just in time to catch the sunset

Coron port at 6 a.m.
Kayangan Lake and the rock formations

amazing view of the Blue Lagoon from the mountain
I was wondering why they called it "Blue Lagoon" until I saw THIS :)

lone boat in the Lagoon

Banol Beach

high noon in Banol


Caramoan, Camsur

Bitanglayon, Caramoan, Camsur






the boat that took us around the islands of Caramoan

at the Camsur Watersports Complex
clouds covering part of Mt. Mayon

I wanna go back and try this :)

Laos Island, Caramoan, Camsur
[photo credit: Oliver Pangan]

 beach trips + great company = ♥ ♥ ♥

18 comments:

  1. wow sissy! those are really wonderful photos! :) pro photographer ka? your photos make me wanna visit all those islands! and the last photo, wow! sexy ladies! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. drooling over coron! cant wait for Sept. sana di umulan. yay.

    san destination mo this summer? Ü

    ReplyDelete
  3. marice: Thank you! No, I'm not a professional photographer, but I love taking photos and those places are picturesque, hehe :)

    chyng: Enjoy, Coron! :) Pray for good weather so you can enjoy it more :) I really loved it, and I hope to go back soon :) No definite plans yet, but thinking of exploring Luzon, and then maybe a beach or two in Visayas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to hearing about your explorations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gala tayo sa holy week? yes? Ü

    uy bago layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one lucky girl, Kat! It seems like a paradise on earth to me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. jodi: Thank you for dropping by :) Linking you up ;)

    chyng: Yup yup! Hehe ;)

    Yasmine: Yup, the Philippines is blessed with with so many beautiful beaches and islands :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your travel pix!

    Hello there!

    I’m following your nice family blog on Google Friends Connect, and am your latest Friday Follower. I would appreciate a follow-back!

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    http://apps.facebook.com/blognetworks/blog/inspire_343432/


    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  9. ron: Now following you, Ron! Thank you for the visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. Beautiful photos! I haven't been to Coron but I really am hoping to explore the place this year. Don't you just love living in a tropical country with the best beaches? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. b'ley: Yup, just love it :) And yes, you should definitely visit Coron. It's just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comment fellow beach babe :) I Have yet to visit Coron!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. been to Palawan but not in Coron, it looks beautiful from your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yup! Coron is definitely worth a visit! It's just a lovely, lovely place :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Surreal Princess: Thank you! And thank you for the visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. the Philippines is so rich with beautiful places. i love the photos. they're postcard material. so, where are you going next?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kayni: Thank you! :) I am currently in Baguio, but unfortunately, my camera is busted :/ I'll be here for a week and I want to take pictures of so many beautiful things, but I can't. Oh well, maybe when I come back next time :)

    ReplyDelete