Sunday, January 31, 2010

Do you like Pho?

So Paul and I were in the Supermarket a few weeks ago and we found this interesting pack of instant pho noodles.



Because we love pho and we were very curious, Paul got a few packs for himself. I dint get, and I asked him to try it first before I go get some for myself. He did try it a few days after, and he said that it was "okay". The other day, I was at the grocery and remembered to grab a couple of packs of this instant pho noodles so I could try it myself; and I did, yesterday.

Just like other instant noodles, it comes with oil and the powdered flavoring (with a few beef bits supposedly).



You just put everything in a bowl, pour about 2-3 cups of hot water, cover and leave for 3 minutes; and voila, instant pho!


*my bowl, half-way through

The noodles expand to about a quarter of an inch thick. It's not bad. It does taste like pho (but of course nothing like the real thing).  It was enough to satisfy my pho craving late last night (and it costs less than 30 bucks!).  I checked the nutrition table at the back and apparently, it has very high sodium content--- about 1.5g (62% of total daily value).  I guess it's not advisable to have this often. 

I drank several glasses of water after because that's what mom used to tell me, "if you eat junk food or anything high in sodium, drink lots of water after."

2 comments:

  1. I drank several glasses of water after because that's what mom used to tell me, "if you eat junk food or anything high in sodium, drink lots of water after."

    ummmm... hehehe.

    anyway, what supermarket did you get this from? i'll get some for me and T to try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, bought it at Rustan's ;)

    ReplyDelete