Thursday, April 15, 2010

PNKY Travel Cafe, Baguio City

After spending a week in the City of Pines, I'm back and experiencing scorching Manila heat! Oh, the heat. It's giving me a migraine! 

So anyway, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Black Saturday were spent in Subic with Paul and his family. On Easter Sunday, Paul and I went up Baguio. While he "worked", I spent the rest of the week going around the city, eating fresh Baguio vegetables and drinking freshly brewed Benguet coffee (for about 30-40 bucks a cup!). I love Baguio :) Although it's so much different from how it was before (I'm definitely not a fan of how congested it has become), I still find the place quite charming.  There were a hundred different things around Baguio that I wanted to take pictures of, but unfortunately, the camera was busted. Too bad. Maybe a trip back during the Panagbennga Festival would be nice ;)

On Tuesday, Paul and I had lunch at the Manor with one of our favorite persons in the world ;)


[photo courtesy of Father B.]

On Wednesday, I went to this quaint little travel cafe along Leonard Wood Road. A friend told me I should visit the place because they serve good food and good coffee. True enough, they do. Fascinated by the place, I took out my camera phone and took a few pictures to share :)

soon as they saw me start reading my book, they turned on the lights. how thoughtful ;)


at that time, I was their only customer

the counter covered with lomo pictures of course caught my attention :)

a passer-by checks out owner's magazine collection, and look at those colorful bottles by the window!

PNKY Travel Cafe Menu

it's just as interesting inside ;)
see the rest of their menu online:  http://pnkyhome.com/

i got a latte for my afternoon caffeine fix...

...and a carrot cake (which was warm and soft and sweet and yummy :))

ceramic sugar container says "pnky"

my afternoon "merienda"

I meant to go back the following day for lunch/dinner, but Paul had other plans. So, maybe next time. PNKY is not just a cafe, it's actually a bed & breakfast, maybe staying there for a night or two would be a good idea. I hear they have nice, cozy rooms :)

For more info, check out their site: http://www.pnkyhome.com/

19 comments:

  1. awww that's so nice!!! i want to go there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go to Baguio often because I have a brother in the PMA, and we pass by PKNY everytime, but I still haven't been able to visit. I've always been intrigued. I'll check it out on our next trip to Baguio, that carrot cake looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice find. i'll check this out when i get to Baguio in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cozy. this place is perfect to get lazy over a late afternoon coffee with girl friends. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  5. good find kat! we hope to visit baguio by june.Will check out more this place. thanks! more posts pls!;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ang cozy ng place! makapunta nga diyan hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ibyang: Yup! Visit the place when in Baguio ;)

    Dea: Yeah, my friend whose husband went to PMA was the one who told me about it :)

    Kayni: You definitely should ;) I really wish I got to try the food. I was told the tofu nuggets are good ;)

    Chyng: So true! Conducive for long hours of girl talk ;)

    mishi: Oh, go visit in June! And Baguio will be colder by then, I assume ;)

    dyanie: Hehe, go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been there but I've heard a lot about the place... I think they make furniture too right?

    Glad to meet you Kat! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. good food and good coffee.. i like! the place is cozy too. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leah: Yeah, I think so :) I dint get to check out their collection though. I think they also have an antique collection.

    Same here! A pleasure :)

    Surreal Princess: Yup! No prob ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a very charming place! Will keep this in mind if ever I go back to Baguio!

    ReplyDelete
  12. now i crave for carrot cake. beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Manila Girl: Yup, definitely worth a visit :)

    Mom Daughter Style: It is :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My last trip to Baguio was 2006. Can you believe that? I so want to go back. I actually want to check out this bed & breakfast because PNKY's website looks very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. we'll defnitely check that one out on our next Baguio visit :) thanks sis!

    ReplyDelete
  16. kat!!! i've been posting once a month lang pala. grabe :)) anyway, i'll try to cure myself of blogger's block this month. i'm so excited na for next month *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're right Baguio is a bit congested. We went there after Holy week. However, traffic was well compensated by the FOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!! I officially tag this city as Food Capital of the Philippines : ) Read about our Baguio adventure in my blog.

    By the way, I discovered a new resto in Los Banos (unexpected) just the other day. Read about it in my blog - http://pinoywordofmouth.blogspot.com

    Nice opost Ms. Kat!

    Jerry Isturis - pinoywordofmouth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jerry: Thanks! Sorry I just saw your post now. Will definitely go visit your blog :)

    ReplyDelete